Tuesday, January 18, 2011

DHOBI GHAT Kriti Malhotra ,Kriti Malhotra Salman not Aamir is my favourite,Interview Kriti Malhotra



   







Besides the lanky lady Monica Dogra yet another lucky newcomer, who makes her debut with Aamir Khan's film DHOBI GHAT, is Kriti Malhotra. Pune based Kirti Malhotra graduated in fashion and then shifted to Mumbai six years ago. She started her career with the small screen and produced and directed few shows of MTV. Kriti also worked as costume designer for films like SARKAR RAJ, DELHI 6, ACTION REPLAYY, etc. And then bagged Aamir Khan Film.

Let's know from the newbie Kriti Malhotra how she became part of DHOBI GHAT, her experience sharing screen space with Aamir and more.

How you landed in DHOBI GHAT?
One of my friends, who's an assistant director to DHOBI GHAT, asked me to audition for the film as Kiran Rao was looking for fresh faces and non-actors. Initially my reaction was 'why would they even opt for me as I don't have any acting background?'. Also I am a very camera shy person so I thought of giving it a miss. But my friend kept calling me and ultimately I went to give the screen test. At first Kiran saw my pictures on social networking site facebook and then she liked my screen test and instantly signed me.


How was your first meeting with superstar Aamir Khan?
I first met Aamir during the script reading and the acting workshops. I must say he is really an intense person. I was 7 years old when I watched his QSQT.

He's very perceptive and keeps observing. He never gave an impression that he is 'Aamir Khan' the superstar of Bollywood or demanded any special treatment. In fact, he is so passionate about his work that for three continuous weeks he stayed at Masjid Bandar (a location in Mumbai) to understand his character best. I don't think any actor can go to that length. It's truly inspirational.

Share us the experience of working with superstar Aamir Khan
Regardless of the fact that I have met so many actors because of my work profile (costume designing), when I had to act with Aamir it was a nerve-wracking experience. When I had to mouth my dialogues in front of Aamir sir, out of nervousness I'd block out everyone from the sets. My heart would beat fast and because of that I would not be able to utter a single word. However, eventually I became comfortable working with Aamir.











To work with superstar in the very first film is quite a learning experience....
I think the person I learnt the most from was Kiran Rao. She was extremely patient and held my hand throughout the film. She made things extremely easy.

Now that you have worked with powerhouse of talent like Aamir Khan, it must be only Aamir on your mind...
(Interrupts) Acting wise Aamir Khan will always remain my favourite. But my favourite star from Bollywood happens to be Salman Khan. Ever since I saw his MAINE PYAAR KIYA I am a big fan of his. I am looking forward to work with him someday.

It seems the other female lead Monica Dogra has meaty role in DHOBI GHAT. Did that ever made you feel insecure or envious?
Though Monica has major scenes in the film and has a meaty role to play, I never felt insecure about it. I was in love with my character from day one. Kiran has cast all of us well she knows what she wants so I completely trust her. Also I don't think I would have been able to pull off Monica's part and vice-versa. We are satisfied with our work

From the promo it appears there's some mystery attached to your character in DHOBI GHAT
There's no suspense or mystery about my character Yasmin. Yasmin, who comes from North India, is new to city of Mumbai. She is reserve by nature and loves keeping to herself. There's definite character graph. It's her perspective about the city of Mumbai. How the city affects her.

No comments:

Post a Comment