Saturday, January 29, 2011

Rikee Chatterjee,Keylie Bodeker,Angela Jonsson,Lakme Fashion Week runway,Hot Models to Watch Out For

7 Hot Models to Watch Out For



The runway that launched celebrities like Katrina Kaif, Yana Gupta, Mugdha Godse, Freida Pinto and Nicole Faria is now set to launch more young blood into the world of fashion. Yes, we're talking about the coveted Lakme Fashion Week!

Here's a look at the Lakme Fashion Week Summer / Resort 2011 Model Auditions that saw seven hotties being selected for the upcoming fashion week in March.
Fashion Weeks have been known to recognise new talent year after year and the overwhelming participation this year is proof of that. But out of the 118 girls who registered, just seven got lucky - Angela Jonsson, Bryndis Helgadottir, Keylie Bodeker, Lekha Anatharaman, Rikee Chatterjee, Reha Sukheja and Sophia Dgneid.

The making of a model

So what does it take to make it to the Lakme Fashion Week runway? Well, you'll have to ask designers Rocky S and Nachiket Barve, show directors Marc Robinson and Lubna Adams, Vogue editor Priya Tanna, fashion photographer Jatin Kampani, CEO of Lakmé Lever Anil Chopra and Vice-President and Head of Fashion for IMG India Sujal Shah, who judged the competition. From poise and confidence to runway talent, they rated the girls on a number of aspects. Guess the winners are really something!

Up close and personal

We spoke to a few models to find out how they stay slim and sexy, who their favourite designers are and more.
Angela Jonsson
This 20-year-old is only half-Indian. With her mom from India and her dad from Iceland, Angela's features are pretty exotic. She finds the whole experience of auditioning, going through the whole process and actually winning the Lakme Fashion Week Auditions wonderful!

Her fitness secret
: I really don't have a fitness regime. I eat whatever I want but I love to stay fit so I go to the gym, I do yoga, I workout every other day.

Her favourite designers
: I love Rocky S, Rohit Bal and Manish Malhotra and a whole bunch of international designers I just wouldn't be able to list.

Her style mantra
: Make it your own! Make sure ‘you' look good in it. Don't wear something just because it's in style.

Keylie Bodeker

She's come all the way from Australia to make it big on the Indian fashion scene. Well, all we can say is this girl hit jackpot with Lakme Fashion Week in her kitty!

Her fitness secret
: When I'm home in Australia I really like going for long walks along the beach. I like exercising outside because you can do so many different things. I love yoga too. It's just so good for cleansing your body.

Why she loves India
: I was in India two years ago and now I'm back for Lakme Fashion Week. India is so diverse. The vibrancy is great. There is so much movement, so much change. I'm excited to be a part of what's going on here.

Rikee Chatterjee
She's a freelance model from Mumbai who has already walked the ramp at the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week. With winning the Lakme Fashion Week Auditions she's had her second dream fulfilled.

Her fitness secret
: I've always been into sports. I was an athlete in school and college. But apart from that I do a little bit of yoga and breathing. I don't have a diet. I eat everything because I'm a big foodie! I have my genes to thank for my slim figure :)

Her favourite designers
: I've walked for almost all the designers. I love Manish Malhotra and Vikram Phadnis but I guess all designers are different when it comes to their creativity and style.

Her style mantra
: I like to keep it casual. I love teaming shirts with hot pants or denims. I'm tom-boyish that way.
Well, here's wishing the girls all the very best!

No comments:

Post a Comment