Saturday, January 29, 2011

PATIALA HOUSE Anushka Sharma PATIALA HOUSE Anushka My work is talking for me

Movies








She is the only A-lister in the decade gone by to have enjoyed a hat trick of successful films. While her debut effort RAB NE BANA DI JODI was a blockbuster, BADMAASH COMPANY was a good success as well while BAND BAAJA BAARAAT is finding a similar cult status for itself as has been the case with JAB WE MET. Still, Anushka Sharma isn't making any noise even though PATIALA HOUSE is round the corner. One does wonder why is that the case when these are the times where even girls with one average success behind them are spoken about more often.






"Well, you said it," Anushka says with mock exclamation, "Rather than being spoken about for my affairs or costumes or appearance, my work is talking for me. Now isn't that a situation where any commercial actor would want to be seen in?"

The girl indeed has a point here. Anushka has been amazingly quiet and restrained despite having a definite part to play in at least two of her films - RAB NE BANA DI JODI and now BAND BAAJA BAARAAT. In fact in the latter, she delivered her best performance till date, hence ensuring that her name features prominently in the top actresses list as the awards season kick starts.

"See, today you are highlighting my successful streak during last couple of years; neither I nor anyone from my close circle had to feed you with this information," smiles Anushka as she looks forward to the release of her Akshay Kumar starrer PATIALA HOUSE, "I can't be saying things about myself. Instead I would want people to speak up on what they feel about me and my films."

No comments:

Post a Comment