Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bollywood’s original dhak dhak girl Madhuri Dixit made quite an impact as a judge on the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Madhuri dixit interview Madhuri's Next Co-Star SRK or Aamir






Bollywood’s original dhak dhak girl Madhuri Dixit made quite an impact as a judge on the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. She just might be back on the show’s next season, the actress revealed in a candid chat with BT, where she spoke about television, movies and how her fans don’t want to see her play mommy!

Jhalak's over. What next?

Going back home. My kids are waiting for me and I’m missing them a lot too. That’s all on my mind right now.

Do you plan to do more TV shows?
They want me to do the next season of Jhalak. Talks are on. I have had a great time doing this show.

Years ago you hosted the wedding reality show Kahin Na Kahin Koi Hai that didn’t click...
The show was ahead of its time. Had it been on air today, it would have done well. In those days, people were wary of being open about their personal lives, but today, people’s private moments are out on reality shows.

What about film offers? You refused to play mother to Sonam in a film...
I got many film offers, but nothing that’s really excited me. Anil (Kapoor) approached me for a film based on Freaky Friday, but the role didn’t appeal to me. It’s not about playing mother, it’s about my role in a film. But, yes, after this news was out, there was an outrage on my microblogging site. My fans don’t want me to play mother!

What would they like to see you in?
I think they want to see me with Shah Rukh or Aamir.

But realistically, can that happen?
Why not? Nothing is impossible. But again, it’s not about acting with Shah Rukh or Aamir, but what I am doing in a film.

You made a comeback to Bollywood three years ago with a heroine-oriented film. Wasn’t that too much of a risk you took?
I don’t think so. When a film doesn’t do well, you can do a postmortem on it. I have no regrets about Aaja Nachle. I enjoyed doing the film. It was all about emancipation, about returning to your roots. The underlying message was don’t forget your culture, show the world what India is all about.

Talking about returning to your roots... do you and Dr Nene plan return to India for good sometime soon?
That I don’t know (smiles).

No comments:

Post a Comment