Thursday, March 31, 2011

Riteish Deshmukh is playing a college principal in F.A.L.T.U, a role which Amitabh Bachchan played in MOHABBATEIN. But the similarities end at that Riteish Felt bad when people called me faltu







Riteish Deshmukh is playing a college principal in F.A.L.T.U, a role which Amitabh Bachchan played in MOHABBATEIN. But the similarities end at that.

Says Riteish, "I'm playing the role of a principal in the film. But there is no parampara, pratishtha aur anushasan in my college. He's so young that he's almost like a friend. He gives his guidance through his experiences. Excellence in studies is not the only thing. There are many other things in which people or students need to be encouraged. And my character in the film does exactly the same."







Ask him if he has ever been called faltu by someone and he says, "Before the film, I used to feel bad when people called me faltu. But after the film, it feels cool. When the term faltu was used in the course of the film, I realised that it is not bad. In fact, it's cool. When I was about to come to films, people said I was doing Faltugiri. But I am proud of it."


Continuing in the same vein, the actor says, "According to me, faltu is something which makes no sense. Like when we say, 'Faltu mein picture dekh li. Faltu match thi. Faltu mein time waste ho gaya'. So all the things which we find bad or useless, we call them faltu. From one angle they might seem bad, but that doesn't mean they have to be outrightly rejected."

Wasn't there a risk involved in having naming a film F.A.L.T.U.? "The title F.A.L.T.U. is true to the film. Many times we thought about changing the title. But Vashu (Bhagnani), Remo (D'Souza) and many others were convinced that F.A.L.T.U.? is the right title for the film. When you see the film, you will realise the same," quips the 32-year-old actor.

F.A.L.T.U. is all set to release on 1st April.

No comments:

Post a Comment