Friday, March 25, 2011

Jackky Bhagnani challenges education system Jackky Bhagnani FALtU











Jackky Bhagnani, who would soon be seen in FALtU feels that people should stop calling others 'faltu' if they are not good in academics in the current education system.

"I guess all of this is pretty much old thought now," he reasons, "Today I can make candles and earn 10 lakhs every month. I may get respect in journalism, fashion designing or being a DJ. I am sure there are 10000 such examples where people have done something unconventional. However I know that in my growing up years if I would have said that I would want to make a career in candles or become a DJ, my parents would have thrown a fit."







Continuing to throw 'gyaan' on the topic, Jackky concludes, "It is high time that the concept of subjects is broken down further. Yes, of course everything that you do in life has a study behind it but the point is to do it judiciously. The scenario is different today. Sooner all parents understand this, the better. Faltu koyi nahi hota, it's an idea that works and your passion to execute that idea. It's on you after that whether you have a drive good enough to get the desired results or not."

He goes on to add that gone are the days when a standard menu (read a list of subjects) would be enticing enough for students to pick and choose from.

"You may offer me a wonderful looking menu and that could be good as well for many out there. However my point is that I may not like it at all. It is not about what I want to pick and choose from here. The point is that I want an altogether different menu. This is what the essence of F.A.L.T.U. is all about," he smiles.

Hmmm, now that indeed was some overdose of 'gyaan ki baatein'!

No comments:

Post a Comment