Saturday, February 12, 2011

Getting to Know Anushka Sharma Starting out Of critics and awards On being a muse and link ups



Starting out

My parents always believed that I could achieve something if I wanted it bad enough. So, when I want it, I work hard towards getting it. Be it modelling or acting, they always backed my decisions. I grew up in Bangalore, and it’s not the kind of place where careers like this are given importance. Nobody talks about a film apart from saying whether it’s good or bad. But instead of being a problem, I think it actually helped me because I didn’t come with set ideas about how things should be. The way I act or perceive the scene is really new because I haven’t seen too many films and have a coloured view about everything. That said, my entry into the industry happened without any challenges.  I always had this preconceived notion about the industry being a bad place, so I was very happy modelling. I had no dreams of becoming a movie star when I auditioned for Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, but when you’re acting opposite Shahrukh Khan you are bound to get noticed. It became a challenge because public memory is very short, and since I shy away from the public eye unless I have something to talk about, I have to make sure that my performances are strong and well-remembered.

The evolution
Change has to happen. Each experience makes you evolve and grow into a more mature, well-rounded person and performer. Each time I step in front of the camera, I gain more confidence in my ability. Working with different people too, improves your craft, as it widens your perspective. My unpredictability as a person brings an impromptu feel to my acting as well. I’m constantly changing, so I use that to my advantage by playing different, diverse characters. I am willing to experiment with my roles. Doing drastically different roles like in Patiala House help me get out of any comfort zone. Plus, I get the experience of learning from great actors like Rishi Kapoor and Dimple Kapadia. I choose movies only if I think I would be able to sit through it as a viewer and be entertained.

Of critics and awards
I was taken very seriously by the critics in Band Baaja Baarat, which is definitely not serious cinema. Iwill do an arty film only if the script excites me, not just because it’s offbeat. I’m an entertainer and want to do entertaining films. It’s as simple as that.
About awards, I don’t know if they have the same credibility it did at one point of time, I’m not here to judge, but I do think that if your performance is deserving of an award, there is no way one is denied to you.
 
On being a muse and link-ups
I have heard that M.F. Hussain thinks of me as his muse and I an tremendously flattered and honoured by this claim if it is true. He is such a great artist, who wouldn’t want to be his inspiration? And as for the link ups, I am very much single and not seeing anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment