Monday, February 21, 2011

The reason why Abhay Deol is not doing DOSTANA 2 DOSTANA 2 because it wasn't something that I was interested in doing. And we didn't discuss the film at all. It was just mentioned to me. And even the script wasn't ready then. It was that casual. On the basis of that I said no

Movies
 







The 2008 film DOSTANA starring Abhisehk Bachchan, John Abraham and Priyanka Chopra fared pretty well. Now, every actor would love to be a part of its sequel, right? However, Abhay Deol who's known for his unconventional choice of films, has declined the offer.

Contrary to the reports that he refused to star in the film as it starred Riteish Deshmukh and Dino Morea, Abhay Deol revealed, "I am never choosy when it comes to my co stars. Casting is the director's job. I have never said to cast a particular actor. I didn't do DOSTANA 2 because it wasn't something that I was interested in doing. And we didn't discuss the film at all. It was just mentioned to me. And even the script wasn't ready then. It was that casual. On the basis of that I said no."







He further went on to add, "As far as Riteish and Dino were concerned, why would I turn down a film because of them? In my entire career, I have worked with newcomers. I have never worked with established actors. So why would I have any problem with Dino or Riteish? In fact, Dino is a good friend of mine. Even I felt bad reading the reports as they weren't true. Firstly, it was reported that I was doing the film which is wrong. And secondly, the reason I denied it was also falsely reported."

Well, we now hope that all speculations are finally put to rest forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment