Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rani Mukherji to spread awareness about Stroke Rani Mukherjee as their newest ambassador, who will pledge her support for ISA initiatives and contribution towards awareness and treatment of stroke acrossIt will be my privilege to support ISA in its pioneering efforts towards awareness, diagnosis and appropriate management of the condition," expressed Rani Mukerji.


Movies
 







The ISA (Indian Stroke Association) recently announced Bollywood actor Rani Mukherjee as their newest ambassador, who will pledge her support for ISA initiatives and contribution towards awareness and treatment of stroke across India. As a first step towards it, she has agreed to set up the Rani Mukerjee Stroke Treatment Fund in collaboration with ISA which will be used for the treatment of 25 eligible stroke patients who cannot afford the treatment.

Says Rani, "It's first time that doctors have taken initiative of asking a Bollywood celebrity my first question to Doctors what can I do because it's a medical thing. And how will I be helpful in the cause? And their straight answer was it will help create awareness among people fast. They believe when you talk to people through bollywood platform people get more motivated to hear you."







Further the actor also cited what compel her to support the grave cause, "Personally I am very much attached to the cause because I lost my uncle (my mama) due to stroke attack so I understand what a family goes through when somebody suffers from it. Also, for me I am really very emotional about any medical cause because my father has been suffering from very long time, obviously his case different altogether. He is suffering from heart problems. It's just very difficult for families, especially those who don't have very strong financial background or get medical help or be able treat if they get into a situation like this. So I am hoping that in some way I can make difference to few people. The amount of love I get from people I think this is the only way where I can give something back."

"In our country stroke is the third largest killer and is also, the leading cause of adult disability. It will be my privilege to support ISA in its pioneering efforts towards awareness, diagnosis and appropriate management of the condition," expressed Rani Mukerji.

According to the World Stroke Organization, every 6 seconds someone dies of a stroke and one in every 6 individuals can have a stroke during their lifetime. In India, every year 14 lakh people develop an acute ischemic stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment