Friday, December 3, 2010

Kamal Hassan chairman of FICCI will reduce my remuneration if he get pension,Versatile Actor Kamal Hassan,


I will reduce my remuneration if I get pension
Versatile Actor Kamal Hassan, who is also the chairman of FICCI Conclave says that Governments shouldn't control ticket prices.

"Governments shouldn't control ticket prices in theatres. Let us give exhibitors the freedom to decide the prices," says Kamal.

Kamal is concerned about the importance attached to the Oscar Awards.

"Indian filmmakers shouldn't crave for the Oscar. We have to improve the quality of cinema, have to create a higher standard than the Oscar Awards. I hope to see a day when Hollywood movie makers take pride in winning an Indian award," he explains.

Kamal stresses the need for more film schools.

"Every profession has training schools. Even actors and technicians should have their schools. Film schools will familiarise aspiring actors and technicians with the demands of the industry before they start working. This will enhance the quality of cinema," he says.

On Rajinikanth being part of huge budget films(Robo), when film pundits urging filmmakers to reduce budgets.

"Robo" is successful not because of the content, but due to the marketing strategy and of course, Rajini is a saleable star. Huge-budget films are good as long as they have solid content," Kamal points out.

On citing Star's remuneration as reason for high movie budgets

"I will reduce my remuneration if I am assured that I'll get pension after retirement. We are paid the fee in tandem with market. If we don't earn that kind of revenue, will producers pay us such remuneration?" he reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment