Sunday, December 26, 2010

diya mirza loves mumbai in christmas,christmas and mumbai diamirza




Diya Mirza
Celebrating her decade-long stint in Bollywood, Dia Mirza shares her lessons learnt and the future ahead

After 10 long years in the industry, what have you learnt about yourself?
Diya Mirza
The most important lesson acting teaches you is that it reveals different paradigms of your personality. To play a part, you need to access various emotional windows that have been created by your experiences in life. It’s the greatest journey of self-discovery and I’ve been fortunate to have achieved so much from the time I started out as an 18-year-old. And all this has been because of the various people I’ve met, opportunities I’ve been given and contributions I’ve made as a result of being on a public platform.


Out of the numerous characters you’ve played, which was the most challenging and why?
Diya Mirza
Although each character had its share of challenges, I believe that it was the hardest for me to play Nazneen in Tehzeeb, an intellectually disabled girl. Outwardly, she was a woman, but she had the mind of a five-year-old. So, for me to learn how to balance the chronological and mental age of the character, without it looking like a caricature, was really difficult.


You’re known to be very socially conscious, which cause is closest to your heart?
Diya Mirza
My association with Anandan is very dear to me. Our board works towards development of rural India; water harvesting and conservation, health and education. I’m the youngest member and I learn so much from my senior colleagues, who are star achievers in their own fields. This foundation is not about monetary donations and press events; instead, we actually visit villages, spend time with people and understand their core needs.


You came into the spotlight by winning beauty pageants. Do you ever feel pressured about the way you look?
Diya Mirza
Winning an international pageant was a stepping stone; it helped me skip ahead of the line, which proved crucial as I come from a non-film background. Other than that, I don’t think Bollywood had an effect on me. I believe that if you’re brought up respectably well, it becomes intrinsic and stops being an effort. My personal style spells comfort. I don’t sit and mull over an outfit for hours before I head out; I just throw on whatever feels comfortable.

Tell us about the journey from acting to production.
Diya Mirza
Born Free Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. is a venture I’ve started together with Zayed Khan and Sahil Sangha. Although an actor’s job only starts after the production stage, I was intrigued and passionate about cinema in its entirety from the very beginning.


What embodies the Christmas spirit for you? How do you celebrate it?
Diya Mirza
I love Mumbai during Christmas. It’s such a happy occasion; the whole city comes alive with bright lights and brilliant window displays. I absolutely adore the window display at Damian in Bandra. At home, I decorate my tree every year with little ornaments that I collect from all over the world. Let’s hope with all that’s going on, I have time to celebrate this year.

Quick Facts:
Dia’s favourites

Perfume – Chance
Holiday spot – The Taj Hotel in Pench National Park, Bhagvan
Food – Hyderabadi home food
Actor – Amitabh Bachchan
Director – Rajkumar Hirani

No comments:

Post a Comment