Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Adivi Sesh karma no Mahesh Babu or Pawan Kalyan ,I am no Mahesh Babu or Pawan Kalyan Karma Adivi Sesh

I am no Mahesh Babu or Pawan Kalyan

I am no Mahesh Babu or Pawan Kalyan
US born and bred Adivi Sesh is the person behind the Telugu film 'Karma' shot with an all American crew entirely in the United States, the first Telugu film to have that distinction. Incidentally, Sesh has also won Mr India San Francisco and Mr India Waves titles.

Why did you choose to make 'Karma' a supernatural thriller and not in any other genre?

"I think Karma has a certain "unique novelty" and that is it's USP. I am no Mahesh Babu or Pawan Kalyan. I'm simply a filmmaker/actor with a dream to make and perform in good cinema. I think the audience needs to respect my work before they believe in a newcomer like me. I think it might have been much tougher for me to get their respect had I made a simple love story with 6 songs, 3 fights and a family wedding."

"By creating trailers that are unique and never before seen posters, I am happy to say that I've been able to make my target audience curious about Karma. I believe that all our creators have managed to create that novelty factor. Getting the audience's attention is one of the most important things necessary for a film that deals with fresh ideas and moreover fresh technicalities."

You also don the hat of an actor besides the director? Was it easy doing both?

"I think acting and directing together is one of the hardest things a filmmaker can do and I wouldn't wish that stress on anyone. Something I've said to a lot of friends and colleagues is the fact that I find acting and directing to be like my right eye and my left. I can't pick between them; I'm in love with both. At the end of the day, I love both individually as well and wouldn't even mind doing one of the two for someone else."

How do you think people will react to a Telugu film with a foreign actor and an all American crew?

"I am a full-blooded Telugu guy! So is most of the cast. Moreover, our lead actress Jade Tailor took extra pains to go through 3 months of Telugu training so she can pull off a Telugu character. I think it will be interesting for people to see so much International talent coming together to create a Telugu film."

No comments:

Post a Comment