Thursday, June 30, 2011

Interview Imran Khan I don't think Aamir Khan should help me Imran Khan The promos of DELHI BELLY have caught everyone's attention, especially with the song Bhag D.K. Bose becoming a rage. It's a special film for Imran Khan as it's his first release post marriage. In a tête-à-tête, he speaks about DELHI BELLY, mamu Aamir Khan, his career and more







'I don't think Aamir Khan should help me'

The promos of DELHI BELLY have caught everyone's attention, especially with the song Bhag D.K. Bose becoming a rage. It's a special film for Imran Khan as it's his first release post marriage. In a tête-à-tête, he speaks about DELHI BELLY, mamu Aamir Khan, his career and more.

There was a report saying that DELHI BELLY is about the confusion of the excreta of two people. Is it true? 
Not exactly. S**t does happen but it's not about two peoples excreta getting exchanged. DELHI BELLY is about three boys who coincidentally get caught up in a very big crime caper. They don't know why they are stuck, who is after them and what is going on. They try to get out of the whole thing alive.




Was it a deliberate attempt to hide the story of the film? Yes, because in the film these guys don't know who is after them and what is going on. So, we felt it was a good idea if the audience goes on the journey with them and figure out things with the boys.

Do you feel because of DK Bose being a rage, there is added pressure for the film to do well? 
Actually I think if a song does well, it takes off a lot of pressure from us. If a song does well, it gives our publicity an added boost. It means that more people are excited about the film and more people are interested in the film. So eventually the pressure becomes less.

'I think if a song does well, it takes off a lot of pressure from us'
What role are you playing in the film? 
I play the character of Taashi who's a journalist. He's a guy who is not really in control of his life. He's drifting from one thing to the next. He's going wherever the tide takes him. He is forced to stand up and take control of his life.

Do you have a female lead opposite to your character? 
Yes, Shenaz Treasuryvala and Poorna Jagannathan are cast opposite me in the film. So there is a love triangle angle in the film as well. But primarily it's about these three boys and their problems.

The film has been ready since a long time. Is it true that the film went through many changes on the editing table? 
It wasn't ready. We shot it about two and a half years ago. As soon as we finished shooting the film, our director Abhinay Deo had to start his next film GAME as he had committed to that. So he was not able to cut the film. At the same time, Aamir was bust shooting for 3 IDIOTS. So he was also not available. With the director and producer busy on other films, DELHI BELLY just sat and we had to wait for them to finish their commitments.

Were you impatient about the film not releasing? 
No, that's part of the business. Films take years to get made.

Was Aamir Khan apprehensive about producing this film as it's very different from the kind of films that he has produced?
Honestly, I don't know. But he's never been a guy who is afraid of anything. I came on the project after he had picked it up as a producer. For whatever its worth, he's been a guy who is not afraid to try new things.

Do you approach Aamir with your scripts before signing any film?
No, till date he has never read a script (of mine). Nor has he ever met a producer or a director. In fact he has not even seen a lot of my films.









Don't you think he should help you?
I don't think Aamir should help me. I prefer to figure things out for myself. That's how you learn things in life.

Your last few films have not done well. So are you desperate to get a hit now?
My last film, BREAK KE BAAD did moderate business. Prior to that I HATE LUV STORYS was a hit. LUCK didn't do well. So it's been kind of alternate (hit and flop) for me.

view IMRAN KHAN picture gallery


 Do you regret doing any of your previous films? 
I don't regret doing any of my films. You have to move on in life. There's no actor in the industry who doesn't have flops.

So are you hoping that DELHI BELLY should work big time? 
I hope all my films do well. As of now, I have two successes and two failures. So I'm at a decent position.

How was the experience working with Kunal Roy Kapoor and Vir Das?
They are both very very fine actors. Besides that, today they have become very dear friends of mine. The process of working with them was the best professional experience that I've had so far.

There's a section of press saying your PIL is well timed in accordance with the release of your film. What do you have to say? 
I've always been very particular that when I'm on DELHI BELLY platform with my co-stars, I don't talk about this. And when I'm talking about the PIL, I don't even take the name of my film. I've been 
'With the director and producer busy on other films, DELHI BELLY just sat'
very particular about separating the two issues. Anyone who has been involved in a legal process in India would know that it takes years. DELHI BELLY is going to be released on July 1. The PIL will go on for the next couple of years. It will take time, money and effort on my behalf. There are many easier ways in which I can get publicity.

At what age did you first start drinking? 
I had my first drink when I was 18 with my mom and dad.

On a personal note, how has life changed post marriage? It hasn't. I've been with Avantika for nine years. So the marriage certificate doesn't change anything.

Are you a more responsible person now? 
What is important is your intention in your relationship and your commitment to someone. There are people who are married and are cheating on their wives. There are people who are not married and are faithful to their partners. What ultimately matters is your intention.

Don't you get affected with rumours surrounding your life? You can't pay attention to that. People say bad things today; tomorrow they'll say good things. Then again they'll say bad things. You have to ignore rumours; otherwise you'll go crazy.

What are your future projects? 
Apart from SHORT TERM SHAADI and MERE BROTHER KI DULHAN, I have not signed any other films.

No comments:

Post a Comment