Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Interview Bipasha Basu Bipasha Basu Interview Bipasha Basu With Rana don't mind doing Telugu film.





Interview

Interview Bipasha Basu


'With Rana don't mind doing Telugu film.'






Bipasha Basu is back in the limelight playing a hip-hop chic IN DUM MAARO DUM. The actor tells us more about the film and working with Abhishek Bachchan and southern actor Rana Daggubati, with whom she has been linked up in gossip columns now.

Seems your expectations are really flying high with DUM MAARO DUM...
Why not? It's my film and I love it. The experience has been great...Goa is so very colourful! We have made a good product and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly while making the film. I made some really nice friends on the sets and the memory of the film is going to stay with me forever.

What made you say 'yes' to the film?
I am an instinctive person. I do a film when I like it; I don't think too much about it. What caught my eyes in DUM MAARO DUM is the narration of the film. Take my character Zoe...she is an extension of Goa-free spirited and ambitious. But the tagline of the film is kya hai kahani tere paap ki. That basically speaks for all the characters...at some point of your life you do something for which you have to pay back. So all the characters undergo a bit of transformation.


How much importance does your character has, given the fact that DUM MAARO DUM is a multi-starrer?
Well, I have been acting for quite a long time and every movie has been a great experience. As for DUM MAARO DUM, it's a new-age thriller; it's very stylish- pacy, racy and fun, there are good songs, delighting locales and a very plumping plot line. But above all, it's not a quintessential hero-heroine film, but about characters. That's what made me stay with the film and made it special for me. Not only the four of us (Abhishek Bachchan, Rana Daggubati, Bipasha Basu and Prateik Babbar), but all actors like Aditya Pancholi and Govind Namdeo...all have done their best. That's makes the film more exciting for me.

How is Abhishek Bachchan as a co-actor?
Abhishek (Bachchan) and I have done a lot of films together. In fact, both of us faced the camera for the first time together as we were to be launched in a film called AKHRI MUGHAL. But that didn't happen. Anyway, as for Abhishek, he's always fantastic in his job as an actor. We always have a lot of fun on the sets when Abhishek is around. So, not only DUM MAARO DUM, but all films that I have done with him have been a pleasure.











You have been paired opposite South Indian actor Rana Daggubati (it's his first Hindi film). How comfortable is it to romance a newbie?
Rana is a great actor. When Rohan (Sippy, director) told me that he is going to cast Rana with me, I had no idea who he is, except some photographs of his. For me, if my director shows faith in someone, I definitely go with it. And when I met Rana, I found him not only good-looking, but a really good actor. He learnt Hindi so well that even knew my lines. So that was fun.

Rana seems very keen on pushing you for a Telegu film...
I have done TAKKARI DONGA in 2001 and had a wonderful time working with Mahesh Babu in that film. He is a very sweet guy. I don't know Telegu and it is a bit difficult for me to act in a film when I don't know the language, but with Rana, I don't mind doing a Telegu film; I'm going to take all the help from him. I would love that.

Goa government wants to ban DUM MAARO DUM for showing the state in a highly objectionable manner. What do you have to say on this issue?
See, nobody spoke to me about it; may be Rohan is the right person to ask this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment