Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Flour less & Sugarless Carrot Cake with Coconut & Walnuts




Flour-less & Sugarless Carrot Cake with Coconut & Walnuts
This flour-less and sugarless carrot cake with coconut and walnuts is delicious and has the wholesome goodness of real food. I must admit, I topped it with cream cheese frosting the first time and dark chocolate ganache the second time, but since the cake was so moist I put a very thin layer of frosting. I used honey in place of sugar, which was pretty good and under sweet – just how I like it.

Ingredients

•
2 cups almond flour (I imported mine but you can just as easily make it by grinding skinless almonds together in a mixer until they are slightly course and powdery)
• 2 ½ tsp baking powder
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp salt
• ¾ cup chopped walnuts
• 1 cup flaked coconut
• 3 med-large carrots, grated
• 3 ripe bananas, mashed
• ½ cup coconut milk
• 3 eggs
• ¼ cup honey

Method

In a large bowl, mix the almond flour with the baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Mix in the walnuts, coconut, and carrots.  Set a side. 
In another bowl, mix the bananas, coconut milk, eggs, and maple syrup.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir.
Transfer batter to a greased, parchment-lined loaf pan (9×5x3) and bake at 180 degrees for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Leave it to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment