Monday, February 14, 2011

Nikhil Advani Just like Gattu I got a second chance PATIALA HOUSE


Movies







Nikhil Advani doesn't deny the fact that last few years were testing times for him with the chips being down after SALAAM-E-ISHQ and CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA. However with PATIALA HOUSE he has managed to redeem himself all over again and is happy to announce that now he can afford a sound sleep.

"Today when people tell me that it is my best effort since KAL HO NA HO, it is indeed gladdening", says Nikhil who is also happy with the fact that Akshay Kumar didn't blink an eyelid before consenting to work with him again after CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA.







"Of course it isn't difficult to stay afloat when your last films haven't been received well", says Nikhil in a matter of fact tone, "The pressure is of course there and anxiety sets in as well. All that remains with you is an endeavour to make something really good that is accepted by one and all."


Well, with PATIALA HOUSE Nikhil can indeed take a breather as far as acceptability is concerned. The film has fetched him his best reviews since KAL HO NA HO and got him back into the reckoning. For someone who was almost written off after CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA, universal appreciation with PATIALA HOUSE has pretty much come as a shot in the arm for him.

"Definitely", immediately says Nikhil, "Just like the central protagonist of PATIALA HOUSE, Gattu (Akshay Kumar), I too got a second chance. When people trusted me to do the job well, I had to justify their confidence in me. I couldn't have afforded to err at all. While Gattu succeeded on screen, I have managed to succeed it in real life with PATIALA HOUSE."

No comments:

Post a Comment