Wednesday, February 16, 2011

MAUSAM Shahid not interested in Aamir style While Aamir Khan is the ultimate icon for many actors as far as film success is concerned, there are a few for who Aamir is not the ultimate messiah


Movies














While Aamir Khan is the ultimate icon for many actors as far as film success is concerned, there are a few for who Aamir is not the ultimate messiah.

Falling in this league is actor Shahid Kapur. Though many are drawing comparisons between Shahid and Aamir, given the fact that Shahid has chosen to only one film at a time, but Shahid on his part has a different take on these comparative conjectures.

So, many might ask, why is Shahid doing only one film at a time? Isn't he trying to emulate Aamir in a way? This query is laid to rest by Shahid himself who has this to say, "Yes, I am doing only one film: MAUSAM at this moment. Doing this doesn't mean that it will be a trend henceforth. I am sticking to doing only one film because MAUSAM requires my time and attention. It is my father's most cherished scripts and I want to be part of this emotional journey. That is the main reason for doing only one film at a time. But, in future I would love to do at least three films a calendar. I am open to all possibilities, there's no trend that I am following or setting in."

It must be mentioned that MAUSAM assumes special significance for Shahid as the film marks the directorial debut of his dad Pankaj Kapur who is leaving no stone unturned to make it one of the most remembered cinematic creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment